I know many of you may think owning and renovating your own home in Italy is completely impossible – and perhaps for many indeed it is. There is a big difference between the romantic idealisation of abstract whimsical dreams and the reality of the act of doing it. I am finding out every day what that actually means!
As my ruin completes its final stages of transformation, I am appealing to my followers for a little assistance and in doing so will give part of my self for this. I am not proposing ‘something for nothing’ I am proposing something unique and fun that we can share alongside memories to last us a lifetime!
I am seeking assistance for transforming my ruin into my home and in doing so will open my home to you in return! I propose the following possibilities to you in consideration of a donation to the final stages of restoration.
- Lunch with Dreamlifeofmine €50
- Day Excursion with Dreamlifeofmine including Lunch €100
- Overnight Stay with Dreamlifeofmine including Dinner & Breakfast €200
- 5 Night Retreat including Breakfast & Dinner daily at Dreamlifeofmine €500
- Alternatively your choice of Donation – reward to be negotiated €€€
Option 5 could include cooking lessons at Dreamlifeofmine, framed photos of the project if you are unable to travel to meet me or a framed print of a watercolour painting of the village of Ofena (a friend of mine is a wonderful painter and I’ve convinced him to complete something special for me).
These experiences will then be able to be realised from 1 May 2015 and we can start planning catching up and talking about the project in person!!
- Imagine sitting on the terrace enjoying the panoramic views with a coffee and biscotti.
- Strolling the Medieval Streets of the old town
- Walking to the local Vineyards to sample Montepulciano d’Abruzzo right from the source of the vines.
- Inhaling the beautiful vistas of the Valley.
- Wandering to the nearby farm for freshly made Mozzarella or Pecorino cheeses.
- Learning the art of Olive Harvesting or how to forage for wild asparagus and other wild greens.
- Learning to make your own Spaghetti alla Chitarra!
- Or simply enjoy the pleasures of aperitivo
Have I tempted you? I sincerely hope so – join me in Abruzzo for an unforgettable and unique adventure!!
Ciao & Grazie!!
PS: while this offer cannot include your expenses getting to an from Dreamlifeofmine I will certainly endeavour to help and advise you to find the most economic and comfortable means of getting here! Suggestions are per person – overnight stays are 2 guests maximum although a small child could be accommodated also.